As far as SAAS go to market playbook is concerned innovative marketing is key.
On the one hand, a startup needs massive exposure in a relatively short timeframe. There is just no time for any long-term approach. On the other hand – unless you manage a well-funded venture-backed startup with a decent marketing budget – startups typically have limited resources. These parameters require very effective but low-cost marketing strategies that differ from traditional marketing with regular content.
The solution: Gain massive exposure by getting featured in the media on well-known news sites. Getting featured on major news sites like NBC & CBS News and hundreds of other big brands will make your startup more visible in specific markets and geos and attract the people looking for your services and products. These established brands have high authority and Google values them over regular content. High-status exposure positions your startup as the number one choice in your market and enables you to announce any newsworthy content, startups tend to have a lot of. Such startup announcements combined with massive visibility help you spread the message at a large scale and boost your business’ reputation resulting in more customers buying your products and services.
How to Get Featured On a Podcast
How to advertise your startup
Two variables determine the ability of a new startup to go viral. The ‘viral’ factor and time are two variables that affect the ability of a startup to spread virally. Each new user will create a certain number of users. Press releases are a great way to build your brand, get media attention and boost online visibility. Press releases are essential for new business launches, since they contain information on the product or service, store, and more.
Let’s take a look at the most common advertising methods:
- PPC for startups: The pay-per-click method is an excellent way for new companies to boost traffic to their website. CPCs are the best feature in paid search. As you may from the name, you as the advertiser just pay for a click. Only if someone actually clicks on your advertisement will you be charged. You won’t get charged if no one clicks your ad, even if ten thousand people see it. Relevant, compelling ads will get you plenty of clicks. You will be only charged for each click. But be aware that – depending on your vertical and niche – the cost for one click may be up to three figures. You can easily optimize your search engine campaigns and increase the ROI.
- PPC or SEO for startup? Paid search has become a popular channel for startups. It allows companies to buy laser-targeted traffic from search engines like Google and Bing. Google Ads lets you optimize your ads based on the keywords that users are searching for. Both Google AdWords and Bing Ads feature a cost-per-click (CPC) pricing model that targets keywords. You can create ads for either network that appear whenever someone searches for a term related to you. If your company offers enterprise software, you can choose keywords with high search volume, low CPC, and buyer intent.
- Another option is Facebook Ads: Facebook Ads are often viewed as a way to drive new sign-ups. This is one of the best ways to research your customers. Facebook is also a great way to promote events. It is recommended to sponsor events that are relevant to the business or its services. If your startup business is a wellness app, you can sponsor marathons and 5K and 10K races. You might choose to sponsor business related events or IT-related ones if your business is a startup that sells information technology.
- Online communities are becoming more popular as a way for companies to engage with their customers. Jasper, an AI-based tool for marketing that’s grown to include 74,000 Facebook users, is a powerful AI-based platform. Notion helps you plan and collaborate in the workplace. The tool has its own Reddit Group where users can share productivity tips and discuss template design. Bluesky was the first decentralized platform based on Discord. It launched before Bluesky. When a product or service is exclusive or limited, customers are more likely to be interested. Customers want access to exclusivity. When the highest level of loyalty is reached, it gives a feeling of belonging and community.
How to Market a Startup
How to send a press release
Print Media While print media has fallen out of favour in today’s media-hungry society due to the internet and social media, print still provides effective coverage and advertising solutions for niche markets. Reporters still use tips to generate news stories, which can help raise brand awareness and sales. Newspaper or TV news coverage could increase traffic to your social media and website platforms – expanding digital marketing strategies further. Investigate journalists in your field. Proactivity is key when it comes to garnering media coverage for your brand. Don’t wait for journalists to contact you; reach out directly and offer solutions or answers they seek. Before meeting with journalists or reporters, it’s wise to obtain this information early so you are well prepared when they contact or approach you. When selecting people to interview or collaborate with it is also key as most reporters specialize in specific areas. Discover reporters interested in what you offer or the extras your company has done, by exploring all available resources online to reach them out directly. Send out a regular email reminding them you are an expert in your field and available for interviews. Citing you will help both your company and yourself build recognition within your industry. Editors often save these emails in case they need a reference later on, so consider creating a page on your website which identifies you as an authority on specific topics so editors can find you via Google search. Good stories are always welcome in business conversations, so sharing tales about your business’s challenges or lessons learned through stories can create interesting pieces. By doing this, you humanize it more and make it more relatable for journalists who cover your industry. After pitching your story to media representatives, it is essential that you prepare to deal with media inquiries. Be available to provide information and answer questions; and after an interview be ready to thank your interviewer and provide any necessary details or resources they might require. PR professionals often insist on pitching articles which can serve as feature stories and marketing material for months on end, making the investment in quality, evergreen content worthwhile when budgets are tight. Journalists don’t care much for promotional pieces on every business. PR pros sometimes face resistance from journalists when pitching their ideas; press releases should contain all of the information a journalist would require in order to produce or write stories about your organization. Include images of products, screenshots, executive headshots, videos, links for online trials/demonstrations and social media profiles as part of your package. Provide details about your business such as its client base, office locations and market. By offering such comprehensive material you are more likely to obtain coverage.
How to Promote Your Business Locally
How to create a marketing strategy for a startup
As a founder of a new startup company, it is important to know the different stages your business will go through and adjust your budget accordingly. Let’s go through these diiferent stages and focus on how to set a marketing budget that is appropriate for your new startup at each stage.
How much marketing budget for an early stage startup?
For an early stage startup the marketing budget will initially only be $5-10K per month, or about 10% of your annual revenue. Product-market fit is your primary objective, and building your brand in the marketplace comes second.
How much marketing budget for a startup at growth stage?
When your startup enters its growth phase it has reached maturity. Such growth companies typically allocate 25%-50% to marketing costs, as their marketing budget grows in line with the company’s size. SaaS companies should budget at least 80%-120% of their revenue.
How much marketing budget for a mature or late stage startup?
As your business matures, the size of your marketing budget will shift to a more conservative dimension. Marketing expenses at this point should be between 10% and 25% of the total budget.
- Best Way To Market Your Business Locally SAAS go to market playbook
- Low Cost Marketing Strategies For Startups B2B SAAS go-to-market strategy
- Media Lists For PR go to market strategy for saas startups
- Media Lists For PR marketing budget for saas companies
- Post My Business Online marketing budget saas
- Media Contact List PR for SAAS
- Low Cost Advertising SAAS content marketing agency
- Press Release Writing Services SAAS go to market strategy